Saturday, May 3, 2008

Orientation Performance~

This happened on 24 April.
Ok this was orientation for guitar club.
First time for the committee 2008 to perform it at the tfa.
There was a delay in the beginning due to people signing up.
I assumed that was a good sign?
MC for the day was Thow and Sherlyn.
What do I think of their performance as the MC?
I could see that both of them are not yet up to the standard of what we so call MC but I am already very glad that they tried their best to put up a good show. Maybe they lacked a bit of chemistry?But they did what I wanted it to be. What I wanted is that the performance is totally running by guitar club own members althought I would like to thanks Mark Friend (seng) in helping with the lighting. First we start with the song ' Elcumbanchero ' to keep the audience mood high abit ? Althought the audience still look very calm. Then it was the guitarist of the day~ Siti! She played her solo pieces 'Wishes', the sound system was a bit cocked up that time so it was a bit echoiee~ Then came Kelvin solo piece~ He played it a second time as he misplayed it somewhere~ Then was Thow and Siti duet. Playing smoothly~Then came ensemble piece ' EL Reloj' Next came Kelvin and Thow duet ' Tears in Heaven'. Kelvin actually sang for the song~ ke ke~ Not bad~ Actually I never heard the song before. Then it came Siti , Victor and Khyril 'wonderwall'. Notice that Siti played a lot of songs... She even play bass~~ LL Victor sang too for that song~ ha~ Khyril was a bit disappointed when he noticed that his solo can't be heard. It was one of the more rounded played song in the performance. It include solo,singer,bass and chord~ It was Victor birthday on that day too~ Jesline even went up to the stage and gave him a 'I am gay' T-shirt! After that came in Shaiful remix of 'apologise and stop and stare~' It was a bit cocked up when he didn't on his guitar for plug in.Then I walked in to remind him to on it when he was like singing at the chorus.LOL... People were laughing when he was so blur when I call his name. As I calling him through the mic and he keep looking at the audience to see who call him.His performance was great as the crowd actually warm up by the song~Then start the chinese strum and sing~ Bang yao was singing cai hong and mavin sang chu ci zhi huay and Me sang ai wo bie zhou~ keke~ When I sang ai wo bie zhou~ I saw some of them leaving while I was singing~confused feeling~ Maybe because it was a chinese song and it was actually quite long for the performance. Then we end it with the song 'Those were the days'. Ok la the performance~ I mean it was great. As I did asked some of the juniors today when we buying the guitar~ They all say that it was good. Specially thanks for people who are involved in this performance. I won't say the names. You all should know who I meant. :)

No comments: